- Diabetes Association of Australia – A great resource for information, healthy eating options and lifestyle tips
- Diabetes NSW – Provides immediate, trusted information, advice and support for people living with diabetes and their families and carers.
- International Diabetes Federation – umbrella organization of over 230 national diabetes associations in 170 countries and territories. Founder of World Diabetes Day on November 14.
- National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS) – Handy information on everything diabetes. NDSS is an Australian Government initiative administered by Diabetes Australia.
- Australian Addison’s Disease Association – The web site of the Australian Addison’s Disease Association Inc. A support group for sufferers of Addison’s Disease and their carers
- Australian Pituitary Foundation – The Australian Pituitary Foundation provides support for people who have pituitary gland conditions
- Endocrine Society of Australia – The Endocrine Society of Australia (ESA) is a national non-profit organisation of scientists and clinicians who conduct research and practice in the field of Endocrinology
- Thyroid Australia – Provides personal support, counselling, information and training. Aims to raise awareness and interest in thyroid conditions.
- Australian Artificial Pancreas Program – research project of an automated closed loop insulin delivery system.
- ENDIA – The Environmental Determinants of Islet Autoimmunity (ENDIA) study is finding out what causes Type 1 Diabetes in children so we can find ways to prevent it.
- Glucose Biosensor – Dr Claire Morbey shares her diabetes expertise in collaboration with IQ Group and their latest project, the ‘Glucose Biosensor’. This technology, coming out of The University of Newcastle, could revolutionise the way we monitor blood glucose levels.
- TrialNet – a Type 1 Diabetes clinical trial, screening family members of those who have Type 1 Diabetes for their risk of also developing the condition.
Insulin Pumps & CGMs
Other Health Services
- This Way Up – online cognitive behaviour therapy courses, run by St Vincent’s Hospital Sydney, for people suffering from anxiety and depression.
- The Mindfulness Clinic – Information about mindfulness and mindful eating – workshops and free tutorials available.
- Mindfulness and Mindful Eating – listen to Charlotte from The Mindfulness Clinic discuss mindful eating with Jill from ABC Radio – 1233 Newcastle. Charlotte has run several mindful eating programs at our centre.